felix-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Felix Common: Licensining Questions
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2007 07:38:50 GMT
On Friday 21 September 2007 03:47, Richard S. Hall wrote:
> The only potential issue is if the original JAR file is distributed
> under a license that does not allow any modification, then we cannot
> provide a wrapper for it.

Well, we can always store the Jar inside a bundle Jar with the correct
manifest. I presume you refer to mostly Sun's extension jars, such as mail,
servlet and so forth.

The really tricky bits are for GPL'd stuff. ASF doesn't allow hosting of nor
distribution of GPL'd stuff from its infrastructure. And the resulting
modified OSGi bundle must be GPL'd, hence we can't have that here in Felix at
all.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer