felix-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Felix on Harmony (was Re: Anyone used Felix succesfully under Harmony?)
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2007 04:30:29 GMT
On Friday 07 September 2007 15:21, Felix Meschberger wrote:
> "[...] built-in handlers should
> take priority over handlers from the service registry to guarantee
> consistency. The built-in handlers, as defined in the OSGi execution
> environments must never be overridden."

I don't have the SCSL'ed code in front of me right now, but IIRC the JRE
caches the URLStreamHandlers indefinitely, which means that once used, the
java.net.URL "system" won't try the installed handlers again. So, my guess is
that a;

 URL url = new URL( "http://localhost/" );

for each default system handler, should be enough to get rid of the direct
access to the Handlers.

If I find time later in the weekend, I will try to remember to look this up.

Cheers
Niclas