felix-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Declarative Services and service.pid
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 14:49:05 GMT
Am Mittwoch, den 05.09.2007, 16:31 +0200 schrieb Carsten Ziegeler:
> Which is fine, I think - because if the configuration admin would
> deliver the PID regardless if update() has been called, SCR would get
> the PID always and does not need any additional logic.

This is not possible: The ConfigurationAdmin returns a Configuration
object, which has a method to access the PID (amongst others). The
properties returned from the Configuration object must either bei null
if the Configuration is new or must contain the PID (amongst others) if
not new. So in our problematic case the PID cannot be delivered from the
Configuration Admin.

Regards
Felix