felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Committers != PMC
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 21:48:42 GMT
+1 I concur with Marcel, Karl, and Richard.  I think Carsten is expressing
what are
various opinions; not necessarily concrete ASF rules.  Niclas gave a great
as to how the various opinions arose.

Although I have a profound respect for Stefano and the Cocooners I think
it's a potentially
dangerous idea. Every community is different and has to decide for itself.
The Cocoon
folks went with it and it was OK but there can be problems.

The PMC might be young but it's got what it takes and does not need to clone
the ways
of the Cocoon PMC.  So if this is what they decide then lets lay it to rest
presuring them.