felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Stuart McCulloch" <stuart.mccull...@jayway.net>
Subject Re: [FELIX-219] Applying the patch
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2007 14:13:09 GMT
On 08/08/07, Stefano Lenzi <kismet@interfree.it> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'd like to know if anyone of you have spent some time on the patch
> FELIX-219 available on JIRA. IMHO we should apply it, but before doing
> that on my own I'd like to get some feedback from you :)

I've only looked over the patch so far - not had enough time to look
into merging it with Maxime's (equally valuable) OBR plugin work.

IMHO this is something the bundle plugin should definitely provide,
but it's also something we should do right - that may mean spending
longer than normal on merging the patch, but I wouldn't like to rush
into applying a patch without considering all the options.

But if you're thinking of testing out the patch locally, then go for it :)

Please note that the above patch affects also the OBR bundle and it
> changes the XML schema used by OBR, but I think that will be easy to fix
> if you don't like that part.
>
> Ciao,
> Stefano "Kismet" Lenzi
>
> P.S.: I think that could be nice if we extend the idea so that the
> deploy phase of the maven-bundle-plugin add the bundle in a remote OBR
> repository.

that's also a possibility - the bundle-plugin defines its own custom
lifecycle

--
Cheers, Stuart