felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven E. Harris" <...@panix.com>
Subject Re: New Maven Scr Plugin in sandbox
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 16:15:07 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org> writes:

> And add the javadoc tags to your source code, and everything else is
> done by the plugin.

Is there a reason that you chose Javadoc tags over Java annotations?

There are some facets specified in these tags that I'd be reluctant to
include in the source code for the affected classes. Deciding which
classes should be exposed from a bundle as services feels like it should
be part of the bundle-level declarations, not bound to the classes
involved. Similarly, specifying which services a given class depends
upon (say, by way of a filter) also feels too specific to be bound as
part of the source code.

The plugin looks like a nice solution and it's well thought out. My
criticism is not meant to attack the plugin itself, but more to question
whether it's encouraging specification in the right place or at the
right level. For the record, I have many of the same reservations about
Google Guice.

Steven E. Harris

View raw message