felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Karl Pauls" <karlpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Releasing Commons
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 21:40:03 GMT
On 7/24/07, Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> I updated our commons project, main changes are:
> - parent pom is now in "pom" (similar to our root pom)
> - convenience pom under /commons to build the whole tree
> - Only released artifacts are used (maven-bundle-plugin:1.0.0,
> root-pom:1.0.0)
> - information for the mvn release/gpg plugin to use mvn for release
>   (If this works out, we can add this info to the felix root pom later
> on - adding it now would require to re-release the root pom in order to
> be able to release the commons pom)
> - changed the artifactid for the commons pom from "build" to
> "commons-build" (more unique name)
> - all versions are 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
> With these changes I would like to release the commons parent pom,
> followed by the bundles and then call a vote on all these artifacts.

I have to admit that I didn't follow the progress of commons that
closely (so it's great that we see progress again!). I do remember
however that there was some concern about the idea some while back
about the problem that some of the wrapped projects might not work
properly in an OSGi environment. So I guess my overall question in
regard to releasing commons is, have you actually tried all of the
resulting artifacts and think they do what they are supposed to do (or
somebody else)?

> If noone objects (lazy consensus...) I'll go ahead in the next days.
> Carsten
> --
> Carsten Ziegeler
> cziegeler@apache.org