felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Committers != PMC
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 13:16:11 GMT
We just voted on this in the Felix process document...

I don't think all committers should be PMC members by default. The PMC
gets to set the direction for the project and, as such, has a big
responsibility. The progression of contributor to committer to PMC
member seems to be a reasonable way to earn karma with the other PMC

-> richard

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Hi,
> as I found out the hard way, it seems that some of our committers are
> not on the pmc. In general, the pmc should include all committers as the
> pmc is the oversight of the project (of course there are exceptions to
> this rule).
> I think we should invite all committers who are currently not in the pmc
> to join.
> Carsten

View raw message