felix-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Sauthier <Guillaume.Sauth...@objectweb.org>
Subject bundleplugin transitive resolution of dependencies
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 16:07:05 GMT
Hi All

First, congratulation to all for the 1.0.0 release and especially to
Rick for his new job in Boston!

now, my problem :)
I'm just trying to make my first bundle using the felix maven-bundle-plugin.
As this bundle is intended to have a quite big number of dependencies,
I've created a pom module that only defines all the dependencies. The
this module has been placed in the dependencies section of my bundle's
looks like this: a --> b --> (c, d, e, f, g, h, i, ...)

First comment, when I just build my bundle, It finish quite soon with a
NPE in JarFile!
-> The bundleplugin only manage jar file as dependencies. It should at
least check the dependency type before assuming this is a jar file. (I
can provide a patch/JIRA if needed)

Second one, is this something reasonnable to expect the bundle plugin to
resolve transitively the artifacts dependencies ? I can help too, but
that may have some side effects if we resolve jar dependencies too
(that's a guess, I don't really know...).

What do you think ?