felix-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Releasing Commons
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 15:53:45 GMT
Karl Pauls wrote:
> I have to admit that I didn't follow the progress of commons that
> closely (so it's great that we see progress again!). I do remember
> however that there was some concern about the idea some while back
> about the problem that some of the wrapped projects might not work
> properly in an OSGi environment. So I guess my overall question in
> regard to releasing commons is, have you actually tried all of the
> resulting artifacts and think they do what they are supposed to do (or
> somebody else)?

Yes, this is a good point - we are using quiet a few of them and they
work for us :) But anyway, that's the point of voting. As soon as we put
one of them up for a vote, everyone should only give a +1 if she really
thinks that everything is fine with the artifact and that might include
having a working version. So, if we don't gather three binding votes,
the artifact will not be released.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler