felix-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: No interest in commons releases?
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2007 04:47:50 GMT
On Friday 24 August 2007 14:31, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> I'm wondering if there is any interest in the commons releases I tried
> to push out at all? So far, only Felix has responded.

I am negatively indifferent. I still maintain that release of wrapping
descriptors are a better way, for reasons Stuart mentions. Assuming that
commons will grow to 100s or more bundles, and each of those make one or two
(minimum) releases a year, you have a staggering release cycle on your hand
here. OTOH, a descriptor is easier to release, and even if you don't, the
user can easily hand edit his copy, if he needs a particularly new/fresh

That said, I will not strongly object any effort, and silently ignore votes on
the subject (unless I notice legal issues).

View raw message