felix-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Releasing Commons
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 02:01:38 GMT
On Tuesday 07 August 2007 05:47, Karl Pauls wrote:

> I'm not sure I really like the idea that we create all those artifacts
> of other projects.

I am sort of -0 on this topic. And that is why Pax Construct (www.ops4j.org)
exists, so it is easy to create and maintain those wrappers "at home" and not
depend on which variant someone else has decided upon.

As Marcel is hinting, having a Commons with other people's, non OSGi
considered, code in it, Felix project is taking on itself to be a target of
frustration when such a bundle doesn't work as expected, perhaps due to OSGi
aspects interfering with the 'architecture' of the wrapped jar. I think it is
probably better to avoid this altogether, and if it is still wanted, stick
those elsewhere.

View raw message