felix-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <Felix.Meschber...@day.com>
Subject Apache Sling
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2007 14:00:30 GMT
Hi all,

For those of you not reading the Jackrabbit and/or Incubator General
mailing lists, I would like to inform you, that I proposed Sling as a
new Apache project today. The proposal can be found at [1] while more
information on Sling itself has been made available at [2] and companion

Sling is implemented completely as OSGi Bundles and makes heavy use of
the OSGi functionality such as Service Registry, Lifecycle Management as
well as compendium services such as Declarative Service, Configuration
Admin Service and Metatype Service.

If anyone out there in Apache Felix Land is interested in this project,
you are very welcome to participate.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/SlingProposal
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/ApacheSling

View raw message