felix-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Download location
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 11:51:15 GMT
Hello Carsten,

On Jul 31, 2007, at 13:45 , Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Is it correct that our downloads are streamed from the wiki?

Sort of. The wiki is "auto exported" to a static directory. This
includes the actual attachments.

> If so, I'm afraid we have to change this. We have to put the downloads
> in the download section (which is mirrored) and provide a page which
> downloads the artifacts from a mirror.

Okay. It is not mirrored now.

> Actually, what we have to do is:
> - Put the artifacts under www.apache.org/dist/felix
> - create a download.cgi for downloading from the mirrors (we can
> copy this)
> - create a download.html which uses the cgi
> I can do the above steps later today, if noone objects.

No objections here, just a comment. At the moment, the downloads page
uses a Confluence macro {download:filename.ext} to generate links to
the file, the asc and the md5. If you modify the location where these
downloads are, and tell me what the link to the cgi should be, I can
modify the macro to work again. Alternatively, if you have admin
access to Confluence and know a bit about their user macros, you
could do it yourself too. I have time to do this this evening. Let me
know!

Greetings, Marcel