felix-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Releasing Commons
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 12:21:25 GMT
On Jul 24, 2007, at 13:24 , Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Marcel Offermans wrote:
>> First of all, don't take this the wrong way, but I thought that
>> only our
>> release manager could call a vote for releasing artifacts?

> This is up to us to define this. There is no official position of a
> release manager in an apache project. But it's common sense to apoint
> someone to do this stuff. Depending on the work/project there is only
> one release manager or several. It makes sense to define who is
> responsible for releasing what in order to avoid confusion. But that's
> up to the project to define this.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up for me!

I agree that it's a lot of work for one person, and dividing the
responsibility might be a good idea, Felix is a complicated project
that consists of many components. In theory each component can be
released independently. My only "worry" is that we create many
different ways and policies for creating releases. That won't look
good. So I would want to discuss this with Karl present to make sure
we all agree on how to do this (of course anybody else is free to
join in on this discussion). However, I don't want to "stop" anybody
from contributing, I really appreciate the effort you're making.

Greetings, Marcel