felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Todd Nist" <Todd.N...@gi.leica-geosystems.com>
Subject BundleContextImpl - not serializable ?
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 17:50:49 GMT
Is there a reason that org.apache.felix.framework.BundleContextImpl does
not implement serializable?  I understand that the context should be
private to the activator, but other then that is there some other reason
for it not being serializable?

I have the following scenario:

I am embedding Felix inside of several J2EE Containers, JBoss, OC4J and
WebLogic.  I am attempting to use the services provided by Felix from
within the context of the J2EE container, specifically an EJB calling a
service.  I planed on achieving this by binding the HostBundleActivator
(BundleActivator) created during the startup of Felix to the JNDI tree
and gaining access to it from there.  The reason for using Felix is to
allow for the extensibility of services by third parties in case anyone
is wondering why I am trying this.

Anyways the problem I am encountering is that when I bind the
HostBundleActivator to JBoss version 4.0.5, I get a serialization
exception on the org.apache.felix.framework.BundleContextImpl since it
does not implement serializable.

Any insight on why the BundleContextImpl is not serializable would be

View raw message