felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Karl Pauls" <karlpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r554318 [1/2] - in /felix/sandbox/donsez/monitoradmin: ./ doc/ src/ src/main/ src/main/java/ src/main/java/org/ src/main/java/org/apache/ src/main/java/org/apache/felix/ src/main/java/org/apache/felix/monitor/ src/main/java/org/osgi/
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 11:04:16 GMT
> > I see that this commit contains EPL licensed code. This should change
> > as soon as possible.
>
> Only the Copyright owner can change the license, unless you are
> licensed/authorized to do so through other means. I.e. we can't take the EPL
> code and change it to ALv2.

True, the issue is that we previously got the core and compendium
interface code licensed under ALv2 (from OSGi directly). I assume the
same should be possible for the mobile spec (if not already
available). So we don't need to take the EPL code and change it - we
can get it under the correct license :-)

> > I assume there is an ASL version available (since this are files from OSGi)?
>
> I don't think the Alliance requires a particular license on an RI, just for
> the specification itself. But I could be wrong.

See above. We should be able to get I under ALv2.

regards,

Karl

> Cheers
> --