felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Build script for Felix tutorial
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 12:15:04 GMT
Daniel Rubio (OSGI Mailing List) wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
>    I made an Ant script for building the tutorial examples shown here
> : http://cwiki.apache.org/FELIX/apache-felix-osgi-tutorial.html
>    Its way easier to get going given all the dependencies.
>
>    Please advise if its of interest for the upcoming release so I can
> upload it somewhere.

The tutorials are still a work in progress. I think you can attach files
to the wiki, so please feel free to do so. We will likely set up a maven
project file for them, since this will handle dependencies and allow us
to use our bundle plugin.

>    BTW, with the exception of one/two syntax typos in all the tutorial
> examples, I also noticed a missing dependency
> "org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker" (in Example 5), which is not
> included in the distribution jar felix.jar. I even browsed through the
> 1.0RC source tree but didn't even see an org.osgi.util. package , will
> this make it in to a final/next release ?      ( I ended up getting
> the class from the osgi.jar in the Eclipse distro,btw)

Please point out any errors.

Regarding the Service Tracker dependency, it was not included in the
0.8.0 release but it is now included in felix.jar (a.k.a. main.jar) and
in framework.jar...the source is not visible in the project because it
is not there, only the binary package is pulled into the JAR file at
packaging time using our maven bundle plugin.

However, for the 1.0 release, the source will actually be included in
the framework project temporarily since we don't want to make a release
for the OSGi compendium bundle just yet, since it has additional
dependencies. In the next release of framework, I would expect for the
ST code to be removed again, but the classes will still be in the
resulting JAR file.

-> richard