felix-dev mailing list archives

From "stephane frenot" <stephane.fre...@insa-lyon.fr>
Subject Re: bundle digital signature validation for Felix
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 10:03:41 GMT
Hello all,
I can explain the patch a bit more,

The patch modifies
framework/src/main/java/org/apache/felix/framework/cache/BundleArchive.java

It gets a general property  "private static final String SFELIX_PROP="
fr.inria.ares.sfelix";" to know if we are in a secured environment.
If yes, we call a private function checkSecurity in BundleArchive. The call
is made at the end of each BundleArchive constructor.

The checkSecurity, mainly tries to build an
fr.inria.ares.sfelix.BundleSignatureChecker instance which verifies the
signature in its construction phase.

The framework/pom.xml is modified, since we need bundlesignaturechecker
artifact

To test the patch, just follow the README instructions

**************
We need to converge on two elements :
- The name of the property we should use to trigger the verification :
smthing like : org.osgi.sfelix ?
- Possibly the name and the way we access class we use to check signature.
We can use a property and something like a forName(property) and have a
generic call.

Regards
/stephane

--