felix-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Continuous build
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 18:39:05 GMT
In the past we've been discussing the need for a continuous build,
and I'm happy to be able to announce that we've found a server that
can host it for us. The people at Atlassian, who also provide Apache
with free licenses for Jira and Confluence, have kindly created a
"Plan" for us on their opensource Bamboo server. Take a look here:

At the moment, I've configured the build to run and create all
artifacts that are generated using the new bundle plugin. It is our
intention to move all subprojects to this new plugin. Furthermore,
Bamboo collects all tests. I have not yet setup any artifacts.
Artifacts are groups of files that are made accessible after a
succesful build. Ideally we would make some kind of "snapshot"
release available this way (for people to quickly grab if they want
to test a specific build).

If you register on the Bamboo site, you can get notifications.
Alternatively, there are RSS feeds. In theory it is even possible to
get notified via instant messaging (Jabber protocol) but that is
currently not enabled on this server. We could even send build
notifications to the list, but that might be a bit overkill?

The build polls our repository once every three minutes. If
anything's changed, it will trigger a build.

Greetings, Marcel

View raw message