felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Konstantinos N. Ntermitzoglou" <kos...@inaccessnetworks.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError with JamVM
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:07:09 GMT
After a little more debugging, I found out that the class that could not
be loaded, was using a javax.comm class in some point and I have not
included that package in the org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation property.
Is there a way to remove the, for example , "..11 more" line from the
error output with the actual error lines? Is is possible for an error
like this to be hidden like this?
Thank you again for your responses,

regards
Kostas.

Konstantinos N. Ntermitzoglou wrote:
> Unfortunately, the trunk version did not make any difference. Thank
> you all  for your time. I will keep you posted if anything else comes up.
>
> regards,
> kostas
>
> Konstantinos N. Ntermitzoglou wrote:
>> Hi again,
>>    please consider the following scenario (still on felix 0.8.0 *)
>> I have installed another bundle that uses classes from org.w3c.dom
>> package. I have tried to run it using SUN jre. The result was a
>> NoClassDefFoundError for a class of that package. That is correct
>> since I have not included the package to the
>> org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation property. The other bundle that I
>> mention to my previous mails that imports packages from another API
>> bundle, worked just fine.
>>    When I have tried the exact same scenario with jamVM, the bundle
>> that uses classes from org.w3c.dom worked without throwing any
>> exception.Moreover, the bundle that imports from the bundle API could
>> not load classes from that imported packages.
>>
>> Could it this be a sign that jamVM is incompatible with the
>> delegation mechanism of Felix? Can I fix it someway ?
>>
>> Thank you for your time.
>> regards,
>> kostas
>>
>> p.s.
>> *Richard, I have tried building the trunk version, but I have faced
>> some trouble. Maybe because I am unfamiliar with Maven... Would it be
>> too much trouble for you providing me with a built jar version? Thank
>> you in advance!
>>

>> Konstantinos N. Ntermitzoglou wrote:
>>> Ok, I will try using the trunk version and see what happens.
>>> If this does not work out either, I shall find a way to provide more
>>> detailed information about my case. Thank you a lot for your concern
>>> :) ,I will keep you posted!
>>>
>>> regards,
>>> Kostas

I have