felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Guillaume Nodet" <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Using daemon / installer on Windows
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 22:51:56 GMT
I'm trying to understand how to configure / use the daemon / installer.

After having changed the installers/pom.xml to reference the released
version
of ApacheDS (1.0-RC2 instead of 1.0-RC2-SNAPSHOT)  i was able to build
the felix installers and install them on Windows.

One of the problem was the lack of a felix configuration file, so I copied
the one
i used and try to start the service.
Unfortunately, on Windows, the service is run from C:\windows\system32
folder (or something like that), so I had troubles configuring bundles using
the felix.auto.start.1 property.

I've tried by prefixing the values with ${felix.home} that way
felix.auto.start.1= \
 file:${felix.home}/bundle/org.apache.felix.shell-
0.9.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT.jar \
 file:${felix.home}/bundle/org.apache.felix.shell.tui-
0.9.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT.jar \
 file:${felix.home}/bundle/org.apache.felix.bundlerepository-
0.9.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT.jar

but unfortunately, I had the following output:

ERROR: Auto-properties install. (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unable
to cache bundle: file:C:\Program)
ERROR: Auto-properties install. (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unable
to cache bundle: Files\felix-0.9.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT
/bundle/org.apache.felix.shell-0.9.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT.jar)
ERROR: Auto-properties install. (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unable
to cache bundle: file:C:\Program)
ERROR: Auto-properties install. (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unable
to cache bundle: Files\felix-0.9.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT
/bundle/org.apache.felix.shell.tui-0.9.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT.jar)
ERROR: Auto-properties install. (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unable
to cache bundle: file:C:\Program)
ERROR: Auto-properties install. (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unable
to cache bundle: Files\felix-0.9.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT
/bundle/org.apache.felix.bundlerepository-0.9.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT.jar)

So it seems the space in "C:\Program Files\" is a problem.

Did I miss something on the previous steps ? Is that a known problem ?

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet