felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Guillaume Nodet" <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using felix on the server side
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 18:23:51 GMT

> Hi everybody !
>
> We 're considering building the next version of ServiceMix (http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/
> )
> on top of OSGI, and Felix sounds like a natural choice.
> I've downloaded the code and build it and discussed a bit with Carlos at
> JavaOne who told me
> about the new plugins.
> So I've written a few osgi bundles (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/servicemix/branches/osgi/servicemix-osgi/
> )
> that are quite redundant with the MOSGi work.  However when trying to work
> on a bundle for a JNDI implementation
> based on xbean-naming, i have problems where the needed classes (the jndi
> initial factory class) are not available from
> the client osgi bundle.  Is there any way to solve this problem ?  I don't
> really want to import the needed package
> in all the bundles :-(

I have used an extension bundle so that the needed bundle is added to the
container classloader and is available
to all the other bundles without any modifications.  It seems to work
nicely.
FYI, the config in the pom to generate the needed artifact is the following

          <instructions>
            <Bundle-SymbolicName>${pom.artifactId}</Bundle-SymbolicName>
            <Export-Package>*;version=${pkgVersion}</Export-Package>
            <Import-Package>!*</Import-Package>
            <Fragment-Host>system.bundle;
extension:=framework</Fragment-Host>
          </instructions>

Btw, the MOSGi work seems nice, but there are some references to things not

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet