felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Felix Meschberger" <Felix.Meschber...@day.com>
Subject SCR additions
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 11:59:12 GMT
Hi all,

While working on the Felix scr project and using it heavily inhouse, I
realized, that I have troubles manageing the components: I cannot easily
see, which components are registered, which are active, and so force. So I
thought about adding a management API to the scr project which would enable
the management through the Felix shell, JMX, or whatever you come up with.

I envision doing the following:
   > Simple API to programmatically access the scr internals
   > The API itself is exported and there will probably be some service
providing the actual access
   > Sample API use to register a Felix shell command
   > Sample API use to register a JMX Bean

Of course, access to the API functionality should probably be limited in
terms of some Persmisions along the lines used in OSGi.

What do you think of this ?