felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: GPL'd OSGi bundles
Date Tue, 08 May 2007 12:55:01 GMT
> > I have a very general OSGi related question. What happens if someone
> > writes an OSGi bundle under [a licence] and registers a service from
> > that bundle in the framework?

> These are just my opinions, all disclaimers apply.

As implied by "all disclaimers apply", unfortunately, the correct reply to
such questions is that the inquirer must confer with his or her own legal
counsel.  We cannot provide legal advice, particularly on the question of
how other people will interpret their own licenses.

The OSGi Alliance is free to attempt to extract clarification from the FSF
as to how the FSF would interpret the situation.

	--- Noel