felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Alin Dreghiciu" <adreghi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: classpath issues with felix-maven-bundle
Date Tue, 08 May 2007 08:43:01 GMT
A solution will be indeed to separate the build of spring-modules, including
required libraries from building of the rest. As with spring 2.1 anyway the
artifacts will be osgi bundles anyway.

P.S. if you are doing this refactoring isn't now also the moment to get rid
of some of the required libraries build and use those from felix commons?

On 5/8/07, Costin Leau <costin.leau@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since maven for some reason, uses <module>/target/classes instead of the
> published jar and target/classes is empty, I really can't see any nice
> alternative here.

 I caould not find a clear reference about but I'm suspecting that this is
done as you are not always installing the builded artifacts into the
repository hence if the resolution would be based on the repository
artifacts you would not be able to compile.
E.g. mvn clean package that is supposed to just generate the artifacts and
not install them into the local repo. (strange is that this will fail on
building spring osgi with a artifacts resolution on the spring-core that is
quite strange in my view)

Am I the only one with this problem?

I just google for some moments and I saw some references but nothing