felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Stuart McCulloch" <stuart.mccull...@jayway.net>
Subject Re: Roadmap
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 15:59:53 GMT
On 22/05/07, Richard S. Hall <heavy@ungoverned.org> wrote:
> In summary, the dilemma we had was that everyone wanted the artifactId
> to be the short name and the JAR file to be the long name. But if we
> made the artifactId the short name, then we also got the short name for
> the JAR.

FYI, it is possible to alter the final name of the jarfile from the default.

The maven super pom, which all top-level poms inherit from, defines:

but afaik there's no reason why the top-level felix pom couldn't say:

then any jars in target folders would have the long form of the name.

However, the jarfile installed in the maven repository will still have
the standard ${artifactId}-${version} name, because that's defined
by the repository layout.

Cheers, Stuart

View raw message