felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Stuart McCulloch" <stuart.mccull...@jayway.net>
Subject Re: resource filtering and bundle packaging
Date Sat, 12 May 2007 23:41:47 GMT
actually the patch alin submitted was my original suggestion ;)

the benefit of using the target files is that what you get matches
what you'd expect coming from maven, and so makes it easier to
convert an existing project to OSGi - but as you say, it means the
bundle plugin is less in control.

if you copy the source of the <resources/> files then you'd get the
unfiltered files - question is should the plugin then add {...} brackets
automatically to those files that *would* be filtered by maven?
( if it didn't then this could be just as confusing to new users )

whichever solution gets chosen (ie. no resources, source resources
or target resources) we should make it really clear on the plugin page
so users know what to expect

PS, afaik BND uses a 'pull' approach, so at the moment it would
be pulling in the resources directly rather than overwriting files in
the maven target/classes folder

PPS, ironically I tend to use the <resources/> setting to filter BND
config files so I can use them outside of maven - including them in
the bundle means I know how it was configured ;)

--
Cheers, Stuart