felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Roadmap
Date Sun, 20 May 2007 20:41:46 GMT
Carlos Sanchez wrote:
> A release as TLP is very important as it's going to be available in
> the main maven repository instead of the incubating one which other
> projects can't use to make releases.
> I'd love to see the release of the bundle plugin to use it in the
> Maven project.

The maven-bundle-plugin would be included in the release since it is
used by the framework and the shell bundles.

Actually, I have been wanting to 1) change the plugin to be a top-level
subproject in the svn repo, which would also mean 2) changing its
package (from org.apache.felix.framework.tools.maven2.bundleplugin to
org.apache.felix.bundleplugin), and I would also 3) like to change its
name from maven-bundle-plugin to perhaps just bundleplugin.

This will be part of the previous discussion that we had about
reorganizing the svn repo to have all subprojects have their own
top-level directory in the trunk, with related modules of the
sub-project under the sub-project directory rather than in the trunk. I
plan to start making this mods to the repo shortly.

-> richard