felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Support for Fragment Bundles
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 21:25:30 GMT
Rick Litton wrote:
> Is there any plan to support fragment bundles (3.14 of R4) soon in
> Felix?  I noticed that an issue has been opened -- FELIX-29 -- but no
> work seems to have been done on it yet.  Is there any reason or concern
> why it is being postponed?  Thanks.

There is a plan, just need to find the time...

The work on adding support for require-bundle was essentially a
preliminary step for fragments too, since we added a generic
capability/requirement model, which will hopefully be useful for
fragment dependencies too.

I doubt this will happen "soon" since it is probably the most
complicated feature of all those yet implemented, but it will happen.
First, we have to get another release out and finish off a few other
things yet. Stay tuned.

-> richard

View raw message