felix-dev mailing list archives

From Clement Escoffier <clement.escoff...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SCR additions
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 15:46:52 GMT
Richard S. Hall a écrit :
> Clement can correct me if I am wrong, but this also sounds similar to
> his "arch" command for iPOJO, which can be used to reflect on iPOJO
> components.

You're right.
However, there is two difference :
- the iPOJO Architecture support the extensibility (as iPOJO is
extensible, the architecture need to be extensible too)
- the output of the arch command is not as beautiful as the Swing
representation ;-)

Moreover, a JMX Handler is currently investigated for iPOJO allowing the
control and the configuration of instances, at the same time a JMX bean
allowing to create and kill instances dynamically.

The support of the Dependency Manager API is (normally) planned inside
the next iPOJO released.

Clement

> -> richard
>
> Felix Meschberger wrote:
>> Hi Didier,
>>
>> Thanks for the hint, and also to Marcel.
>>
>> So I will look at those two projects for inspiration.
>>
>> Regards
>> Felix
>>
>> On 5/3/07, Didier Donsez <didier.donsez@imag.fr> wrote:
>>>
>>> Humberto has defined too this kind of API for ServiceBinder.
>>> He provided also a graphical console to display component instances and
>>> the current bindings between them.
>>> http://www.humbertocervantes.net/servicebinder/images/ArchViewer.png
>>>
>>> Didier

>>> service

>>> --
>>> Didier DONSEZ
>>>
>>> INRIA/SARDES project, B117
>>> 655, avenue de l'Europe, Montbonnot
>>> 38334 St Ismier Cedex, France
>>> Tel : +33 4 76 61 52 95           Fax : +33 4 76 61 52 52
>>> GPS : lat 45°13'4.1"N, lon 05°48'24.3"E, alt 220m
>>>
>>> Laboratoire LSR, Institut IMAG, Equipe ADELE
>>> Universite Joseph Fourier
>>> Bat. C, 220 rue de la Chimie, Domaine Universitaire
>>> BP 53, 38041 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
>>> Tel : +33 4 76 63 55 49           Fax : +33 4 76 63 55 50
>>> GPS : lat 45°11'38.3"N, lon 05°46'14.7"E, alt 223m
>>>
>>> mailto:Didier.Donsez@imag.fr
>>> Map: http://www-adele.imag.fr/users/Didier.Donsez/map/map.html

Clement Escoffier
Grenoble University