felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: SCR and compendium services
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 14:34:06 GMT
I think that sounds reasonable, this is a good use case for
importing/exporting the same package...

As Clement noted, you could use the same approach for the log service if
you prefer to have a consistent approach, since I imagine the bloat is

Either way, I am fine with it.

-> richard

Felix Meschberger wrote:
> Hi Richard,
> In Felix-277 you propose to "privatize" the ServiceTracker and make the
> LogService package a dynamic dependency. I think, this is a good idea and
> will, as noted in the issue, implement this.
> While doing this, there is another Compendium Service dependency in
> the scr:
> Configuration Admin Service. This is a more complicated dependency
> because
> scr does not only call into the ConfigurationAdmin service but also
> registers a ManagedServiceFactory for factory components. So, if the
> OSGi cm
> packages are not available, factory components will not work (and
> configuration retrieval by other components may fail).
> What do you think of having scr export and re-import the OSGi cm
> package ?
> This way, the framework would select the cm package to which other
> bundles
> get wired and scr will have the OSGi cm packages regardless of whether
> a CM
> implementation exporting it is available.
> Thanks for any feedback also from the community.
> Regards
> Felix

View raw message