felix-dev mailing list archives

From he...@ungoverned.org
Subject Re: SCR and compendium services
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 16:40:48 GMT
>Richard S. Hall a écrit :
>> Clement Escoffier wrote:

>>> It is what I do for the Log service and the Config Admin in iPOJO. It
>>> increase the size of the bundle but I did not find another acceptable
>>> solution.
>>> The pom file contains folowing BND instructions:
>>> <Import-Package>
>>>              org.osgi.framework; version="1.3",
>>>              org.osgi.service.cm; version="1.2",
>>>              org.osgi.service.log; version="1.3"
>>> </Import-Package>
>>> <Export-Package>
>>>              org.apache.felix.ipojo; version="0.7.1",
>>>                ....... (some other iPOJO packages) .....
>>>              org.osgi.service.cm; version="1.2",
>>>              org.osgi.service.log; version="1.3"
>>> </Export-Package>
>>
>> Shouldn't BND automatically detect the versions for you from the
>> packageinfo files?
>BND inserts versions for imported (and re-exported version), but does
>not add version for non imported packages (In the previous snippet, BND
>can add 1.3 and 1.2 version but cannot discover 0.7.1 version).

Well, you could add a packageinfo file to your iPOJO directories too, then BND will automatically
"discover" the version of iPOJO packages too as far as I understand it.

But at a minimum, you can simplify your pom by removing the versions from the cm and log packages,
since they do have packageinfo files, so they should be detected properly.

-> richard