felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven E. Harris" <...@panix.com>
Subject Re: newbie: installing and starting new bundles from code
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 20:15:30 GMT
BJ Hargrave <hargrave@us.ibm.com> writes:

> If location string is the same => returns the Bundle object of the
> installed bundle, otherwise throw BundleException.

Then in order to accommodate a design like I'm describing, one where
some agent tries to install downloaded bundles without knowing whether
they're already installed, I have to make sure that the location
string is stable among equivalent bundles. I can't, say, download the
bundle to a temporary file (with a randomly constructed name) and try
to install it from there. Is that correct?

I'll take the rest of my related questions to the osgi-dev list.

--
Steven E. Harris