felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Felix Meschberger" <Felix.Meschber...@day.com>
Subject Re: Must a bundle be in a Jar file?
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 11:36:12 GMT

To my knowledge, this is not supported in Felix.

BTW, the spec (page 27) says in section 3.2: "A bundle is deployed as
a Java ARchive (JAR) file."

Doing single-class exchange is not a good thing any way IMHO, as this
might violate the clearly defined lifecycle management of OSGi. In
fact, using the maven-bundle-plugin of Felix makes the development
cycle very easy: Change-Build-Update-Test.

Life class exchange is possible to some degree using a Java debugger,
but this is for simple testing only and does not replace proper
bundling and deployment according to the OSGi spec.

On 4/10/07, asaf.lahav <asaf.lahav@gmail.com> wrote:
> It would be easier to debug a bundle if it wouldn't be required to be closed
> as a jar file.
> Is it possible to create a bundle from class files that are not in a *.jar
> file?

View raw message