felix-dev mailing list archives

From BJ Hargrave <hargr...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Present v.s. substring filter strings
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 18:05:14 GMT
What is the semantic difference between a single wildcard and presence?
They are the same :-) Single wildcard matched anything. So does presence!

BJ Hargrave
Senior Technical Staff Member, IBM

office: +1 386 848 1781
mobile: +1 386 848 3788

"Anne Bening" <annette.c.bening@gmail.com>
2007-04-10 13:18
Please respond to

Re: Present v.s. substring filter strings

On 4/10/07, Richard S. Hall <heavy@ungoverned.org> wrote:
> Annette Bening wrote:
> > I'm trying to understand how to make a substring pattern that starts
> > with a
> > wildcard.  IIUC, it will be interpreted as a present filter
> > Does anyone have any insight on this?
> Looking at the source, it definitely appears that Parser.java is
> attempting to differentiate between "=*" and "=*foo"...I did a simple
> test with the ldap Driver class and it correctly interpreted "(cn=*ab)"
> and a SUBSTRING operation.

Ahh, ok.

Could you perhaps send me a simple expression that is failing?

Nothing is failing.  Just trying to grok the spec.  What if I wanted to
specify a single wildcard?

- Anne

View raw message