felix-dev mailing list archives

From BJ Hargrave <hargr...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: newbie: installing and starting new bundles from code
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 20:44:03 GMT
Think of location as a primary key for a Bundle. It can also be used to
compute an InputStream (i.e. a URL) if one is not specified.

BJ Hargrave
Senior Technical Staff Member, IBM
hargrave@us.ibm.com

office: +1 386 848 1781
mobile: +1 386 848 3788

"Steven E. Harris" <seh@panix.com>
2007-04-11 16:37
Please respond to
felix-dev@incubator.apache.org

felix-dev@incubator.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: newbie: installing and starting new bundles from code

BJ Hargrave <hargrave@us.ibm.com> writes:

> Sure you can. You need to use the installBundle(String, InputStream)
> method though. You must supply the InputStream to the local temp
> file.

But is the location string ignored in that case, or are you just
saying that I can divorce the location string from the actual bundle
data source?

I brought up the temporary file example just because it usually
involves a randomly constructed file name -- one that, if used as a
location string, would not match a previously installed bundle's
location string.

--
Steven E. Harris