felix-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Lenzi <kis...@interfree.it>
Subject Re: [jade-develop] Felix/OSGi and JADE Second Part
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 10:42:06 GMT
Caire Giovanni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I understoot the problem correctly, the solution could be to declare the DynamicImport-package
manifest header in the bundle that contains the JADE-Core and specify * as its value.
> This should allow the JADE-Core bundle to load classes from all exported packages.
> Let me know if this works. In case it does :-), would you be interested in making your
work available to the community. I think it could be useful for many people.

> Bye
>
> Giovanni
I haven't test DynamicImport yet. But I'm pretty sure that it will work.
BTW, I'll prefer to find a way to patch the JADE in order to fix the
Classloading issue.
IMHO DynamicImport should be used only when your are using external
library that you can't modify, because it breaks the automatic OSGi
dependency resolution system.