felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: help converting app to OSGi
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2007 20:23:01 GMT
On 4/6/07, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:
> On Friday 06 April 2007 13:05, Christopher Snow wrote:
> > Apache ofbiz is an application that has it's own component (i.e.
> > bundle management system).  There is interest in the ofbiz community
> > for migrating ofbiz to an OSGi approach but I don't know where to
> > start.  Would this mailing list be able to offer help and guidance on
> > converting apache ofbiz to OSGi?
> You will first need to identify what your goals are.
>
> Hard nuts to crack;

I'm glad it's asked as I keep thinking about it too. I've got a couple
of applications that I think would benefit from migrating to OSGi, but
wonder how/where to start. These applications are built using M2. It's
a build system, but let one's think in terms of modules - not very
related, but one could draw some similarities.

Would it be a good starting point to see how these apps work on OSGi
platform to treat m2 modules as OSGi bundles? After a very first shot,
one would feel what OSGi might bring and how to work with it. I'm
asking about it as perhaps it's been a migration like this and it was
a very bad decision and it simply failed.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl