felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven E. Harris" <...@panix.com>
Subject Re: Problem trying to use iPOJO Maven plugin
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 19:40:07 GMT
Clement Escoffier <clement.escoffier@gmail.com> writes:

> Yes, it is but it does nothing. iPOJO will publish an
> ManagedServiceFacotry service with foo.factory as service.pid. You
> can create component instances via this service.

When you say "it does nothing", do you just mean that no instances
actually get created? If so, all is well, as it's just the provision
of the ManagedServiceFactory that I was after here.

Looking at my bundle running, I see the ManagedServiceFactory is

> Else, you can create instances dynamically with another service :
> org.apache.felix.ipojo.Factory. This service does not have exactly
> the same semantic as ManagedServiceFactory.

Can you summarize briefly why one would choose to use iPOJO's Factory
interface rather than ManagedServiceFactory?

> No, this behavior cannot be disable, it is the base of iPOJO.

Thanks for the prompt explanation.

Steven E. Harris

View raw message