felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven E. Harris" <...@panix.com>
Subject iPOJO lifecycle callbacks -- getting a "context" in hand
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 21:21:34 GMT
The Declarative Services lifecycle callbacks "activate()" and
"deactivate()" provide the managed component access to a
ComponentContext, from which one can retrieve a BundleContext, as well
as read the properties attached to that component instance.

I see that iPOJO offers INVALID-to-VALID state transition callback,
but its signature as described in the tutorial is a no-argument
function, providing no context information to the bundle.

Is there some other means to receive or retrieve a context analogous
to the DS component context? Or is this a matter of defining a member
variable in my component of type BundleContext, expecting it to be
assigned/injected by iPOJO when appropriate?

--
Steven E. Harris