felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Felix Meschberger" <Felix.Meschber...@day.com>
Subject Re: maven-bundle-plugin, wrapping and excludeTransitive
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 08:14:49 GMT
Hi Michael,

Transitive dependencies are a great thing and huge plus for Maven 2 over
Maven 1. On the other hand, if not judiciosly configured, transitive
dependencies may quickly evolve to a huge pile of libraries being packed
when using packing plugins like the maven-bundle-plugin (as well as the war
plugin for that matter).

In this sense, and as the OSGi bundleing should really only package the
contents of specific libraries, I think an option to the maven-bundle-plugin
to ignore transitive dependencies would probably make sense.

So you have all advantages on your side: you package only what you
explicitly declare but maven projects do not loose transitive dependencies.