felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Hampel, Michael" <michael.ham...@siemens.com>
Subject AW: maven-bundle-plugin, wrapping and excludeTransitive
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 12:46:13 GMT

Hello all,

Thank's a lot for your answers.
In the beginning I was even more confused by your answers but then...
What I did not understand was the packaging issue, because when I executed for example
The hibernate osgi pom with or without excluding hibernate's transitive dependencies -
I always got the same resulting jar file - the dependencies never got added to the
Jar, only 'declarative' in the MANIFEST file.
So that's why I did not understand why to exclude the dependencies.
But then I remembered that I changed the felix maven bundle plugin (BundlePlugin.java) as
I have a problem
With its regular expression handling with maven SNAPSHOT versions when bundling my own osgi
projects.
(I still have this problem, although I was building it from the felix trunk, version 0.9.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT).
As you all probably know Carlos Sanchez developed a maven-bundle-plugin with some additional
goals but also the
bundle goal.
So I replaced the felix BundlePlugin class with the one of Carlos. This fixed the version
handling, but apparently
Changed something else as well - when bundling with this plugin the transitive dependencies
are not added to the resulting bundle jar.
After remembering this, I then tried again with the 'original' felix maven bundle plugin and
voila the dependencies(exploded packages) were added to the osgi jar file and then I understood
the excluding issue.
I don't know now if this was an intended feature that Carlos added - but if - it looks like
you don't have to exclude
Anymore.
But anyway your answers helped a lot because I still have problems with changing between Maven
and OSGi world and how they could work together the best way.

So, thanx again,

Michael