felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [commons] Bundle problems in 3rd round
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 21:50:48 GMT
On 3/15/07, Alin Dreghiciu <adreghiciu@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. shall we use a pattern as everything that has more then 3 groups of
> digits will become qualifier as is. e.g for hsqldb 1.8.0.7 becomes osgi
> 1.8.0.7-0001-SNAPSHOT?

We would need to do something with that 4th digit.  The regex doesn't allow it:

[ERROR] Invalid value for Bundle-Version, 1.8.0.7.0001-SNAPSHOT does
not match [0-9]+(\.[0-9]+(\.[0-9]+(\.[0-9A-Za-z_-]+)?)?)?

Does one of the other regex's proposed allow that 4th digit?  These
are the current properties:

    <properties>
        <pkgArtifactId>hsqldb</pkgArtifactId>
        <pkgVersion>1.8.0.7</pkgVersion>
        <pomVersion>0001</pomVersion>
        <osgiVersion>${pkgVersion}</osgiVersion>
    </properties>

> 2. the log4j version is a problem from maven-bundle-plugin that I already
> posted to jira

Fixed.  Deployed.

> 3. about the sun jars. two parts:
> 3.1 the open sourcing of java will/did not remove the restrictions on the
> binaries?
> 3.2. just by a quick search I founded a repo that has the artifacts. is
> there any problem if we use those repo's for downloading the artifacts? Of
> course that this will have some side effects but I'm wondering about the
> possibility.
> http://builds.osafoundation.org/maven2/

Until they are in the central repo, if ever, I think they are outside
the scope of what we can reasonably deploy here.

Enrique