felix-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Moloney <t.molo...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Executive summary of maven-bundle-plugin issues
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 02:51:53 GMT
Stuart McCulloch wrote:
> [...]
> FELIX-247 |  Minor   |   0   |  YES  | NEW: Add ant goal to create build.xml and MANIFEST.MF
I believe that you switched FELIX-247 and FELIX-257 in your list of
suggested actions.  The following makes sense for FELIX-247.
> FELIX-257 | CLOSE: MANIFEST.MF requirement covered by FELIX-199. The build.xml part of
the patch
>           | relies on code copied from ant-plugin, which I don't believe is the best
>           | (Why not just run the current maven-ant-plugin goal 'ant:ant' to get the
Running ant:ant creates a build.xml file that causes ant to
automatically generates a MANIFEST.MF file.  What we need is a
MANIFEST.MF file that captures the bundle dependencies and ant can't
automatically generate that.

I whole-heartedly agree with you that copying a file from the ant plugin
isn't the best solution.  However, it is the only solution that I could
think of since the methods that need to be customize/overridden are
marked private in the released version of the ant plugin.  (I really
hate this solution since all I'm doing is adding the manifest attribute
to build.xml, so I explain it in the first 10 lines of the patch.)  The
next released version of the ant plugin should allow us to use a cleaner
solution since the trunk has most methods marked as protected.

The rest of the patch is just moving existing code around so that it can
be reused by multiple goals.

View raw message