felix-dev mailing list archives

From Clement Escoffier <clement.escoff...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using iPOJO's ManagedServiceFactory support
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 08:23:44 GMT
Steven E. Harris a écrit :
> "Steven E. Harris" <seh@panix.com> writes:
>

>> In another bundle, I use the ConfigurationAdmin service to create a
>> new factory configuration using "mycorp.foo_factory" as the
>> PID. However, I never see my mycorp.Foo class constructor get
>> called.
>>

> It turns out the problem was my use of the single-argument form of
> ConfigurationAdmin.createFactoryConfiguration(), which binds the
> Configuration to the current bundle. As the ManagedServiceFactory I
> was looking to configure is registered by a different bundle, the
> Configuration was not getting "bound" by DS, per the DS specification.
>
> Using the two-argument createFactoryConfiguration(), passing null as
> the location, works just fine -- provided the configuring bundle has
> the proper permission.

iPOJO just exposes ManagedServiceFactory and waits the invocation of the
"updated" method. However, before the patch of the
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-220 issue, all configuration
must contains a "name" property. I remove this limitation, in the patch,
by taking the given pid as name.

To debug instances, you can used the "arch" command. Instances can
exposes an architecture service allowing to know the state of instances
and to get information about plugged "handlers". To exposes the service,
you may add "architecture="true"" in the component tag. Once you deploy
the arch command bundle (ipojo.arch project), you can get the
architecture of your instances by typing "arch" in the console.

Clement

--
Clement Escoffier
Grenoble University