felix-dev mailing list archives

From Clement Escoffier <clement.escoff...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iPOJO ConfigurationHandler.configure() method skips String properties
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 07:48:11 GMT
Steven E. Harris a écrit :
> "Steven E. Harris" <seh@panix.com> writes:
>

>> However, the field in my component never gets set to the
>> configuration property value. Should the field be set eventually?
>>

> Well, it turns out the field does get set, but in a sneaky way not
> evident in the debugger. Only when the field gets read does it
> manifest the value initially known only to iPOJO.
>
> Forget about my inquiry regarding the String-typed property
> values. Things seem to be working with the current code.

Hello,

The creation of String-typed property is a little strange. It cannot be
at the same place than other properties, because String properties
(properties with a String set-value) can be set both by the component
type (<property field="foo" value="bar"/>), and by the instance
configuration. Component-type are always String, but can be "mapped" on
non-String property (iPOJO invokes a constructor with a String to create
the object). iPOJO chooses that instance configuration override
component-type properties. The actual code is not very clear on this
aspect. I will think to a better way...

Clement

--
Clement Escoffier