felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: iPOJO Maven plugin installing artifacts with extension "bundle" and "ipojo-bundle"
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 22:52:38 GMT
Steven E. Harris wrote:
> I noticed that after running "mvn install" on some Maven modules, the
> artifact produced in the "target" directory has the file extension
> "jar", but the artifacts placed in the local Maven repository have
> extension "bundle" or "ipojo-bundle".
>
> That's cute, but some tools depend upon scanning for files with the
> extension "jar", however wrong-headed that seems. Is it possible to
> force the installed extension, or at least just disable the renaming
> in "install" goal?

This is a maven bug.

If there are multiple maven packaging plugin projects referenced from
your maven pom file, then it will result in improperly named JAR files
in the repo. The only solution is to break your pom file into separate
files for your different types of packaging plugins.

It appears that the maven guys have reproduced this, so hopefully we
will get a fix.

-> richard