felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven E. Harris" <...@panix.com>
Subject Re: OBR Resource from a Bundle
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 21:51:11 GMT
"Richard S. Hall" <heavy@ungoverned.org> writes:

> In truth, we could avoid passing this into the constructor and pass it
> into the getLibraries() instead, then you wouldn't need it at all,
> since you don't need to call this method for converting a bundle to a
> resource.

I just made that change, and only had to correct one constructor call
and one method call elsewhere.

> Admittedly, ManifestParser is still a little bit rough around the
> edges for this purpose, but it definitely has the basics. It currently
> has the ability to:
>    * Convert bundle symbolic name and package export to capabilities.
>    * Convert require-bundle and package import to requirements.

That's probably all I need here.

On to the next small problem: ManifestParser wants a java.util.Map as
its "header map". Bundle.getHeaders() returns a
java.util.Dictionary. I see that there's a MapToDictionary class in
Felix already. Is there some way short of writing another such class
to get from a Dictionary to a Map?

Funny, I see that BundleInfo.getCurrentLocalizedHeader(String) returns
a Map, which is converted to a Dictionary by Bundle.getHeaders().

Steven E. Harris

View raw message