felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven E. Harris" <...@panix.com>
Subject Re: OBR Resource from a Bundle
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 23:33:14 GMT
"Richard S. Hall" <heavy@ungoverned.org> writes:

> but I would think the way to do it would be to have the OBR bundle
> export org.apache.felix.bundlerepository.util (perhaps we should
> also change the OBR package to be org.apache.felix.obr while we are
> at it), which contained the class that you needed.

Looking closer at this approach, would it harm anything to make the
constructors for

  LocalRepositoryImpl.LocalResourceImpl

have access modifier public instead of package-private?

At present, the only thing that constructs a LocalResourceImpl is
LocalRepositoryImpl itself. However, if we place the requested
Bundle->Resource conversion function in a different package
Bundle->(org.apache.felix.bundlerepository.util), it won't
be able to call on the LocalRepositoryImpl constructor.

--
Steven E. Harris